- A safe school provides a learning environment where children’s education, health, safety and security are assured in both normal times and during disasters.
- A safe school consists of infrastructures that are structurally sound and facilities that do not harm the students, teachers and staff, especially during disasters.
- A safe school is a community of learners committed in promoting a culture of safety, aware of its risks and prepared to respond to disasters.
- A safe school has minimal disruption during disasters and thus continues to provide a healthy learning environment to the youth.
The Safe School Philippines campaign will result to a specific, intensive, revolutionary, and action-oriented information dissemination and will have the following objectives:
- to make more than 50,000 schools safer during disasters;
- to provide a learning environment where children’s education, health, safety and security are assured;
- educate the Filipinos about Disaster Risk Reduction;
- inform Filipinos about reducing the damage caused by natural hazards like earthquakes, floods, droughts and cyclones, through an ethic of prevention;
- advocate for climate change adaptation;
- share good practices in the implementation of the Hyogo Framework;
- create an organization who will coordinate disaster reduction activities in the Philippines; and
- ensure collaborations among the disaster reduction activities of the United Nations.